2017 Hall of Fame Nominations
Your guide to nominating a candidate into the Montana Cowboy Hall of Fame.
MONTANA COWBOY HALL OF FAME & WESTERN HERITAGE CENTER
Class of 2017 Induction Nomination Policy
“Seeking all Montanans who have made notable Western heritage contribution”
It is time to begin the 2017 MCHF & WHC Hall of Fame Inductee nominations. An unlimited number of nominations may be submitted from each of the twelve MCHF & WHC districts. From the nominees of each district, one living inductee and two legacy (nonliving) inductees will be chosen by votes cast by the MCHF & WHC Trustees to represent their district for the year 2016. In the case of a tie, a board approved committee at large will decide the tie-breaker. Nominations that were not chosen in the years 2015 or 2016 may be resubmitted by contacting the MCHF & WHC at (406) 932-5444 or email@example.com
Nomination Policy Instructions
If you would like to make a nomination, you must contact the MCHF & WHC at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (406) 932-5444 prior to the submission deadline to express your intent to nominate.
You must obtain permission from the person you are considering nominating as a Living Inductee. This person must have the opportunity to review their biography and give final approval prior to submission.
A) Each nomination must include a Cover Page containing:
1. Nominee’s name or title (Teddy Blue Abbot, Point Hotel, etc.), MCHF & WHC district, category (Living or Legacy), and residence (area/town/county) from which nominated.
2. Name, address, telephone number, and email address of person(s) submitting nomination, and person being nominated (Living) or next of kin, friend or representative (Legacy) who will accept induction certificate.
B) Each nomination must include a Biography (2-page limit) and Photograph:
1. Biography must include full name of inductee; birth and death (when applicable) date, year established, or era of operation; current nomination year; category (Living or Legacy), and MCHF & WHC district.
2. The biography must be sent in Word format and Times New Roman (Cambria) 12-point font.
3. Biography must be written in third person and should focus on the nominee (no side stories at length about brothers, sisters, friends, or others, unless significant to the life of the nominee).
4. If written or published material is used to compile the nomination, resources must be listed at the end of the document.
5. A high-quality print-ready photograph must be emailed with the biography in jpg format. Include photographer credit where applicable.
6. A review of past inductee biographies is helpful when writing your nomination. Review examples on www.montanacowboyfame.org under subtitle Hall of Fame.
7. Support material will be made available upon request.
To submit: Send computer generated documents by e-mail only. All documents are required to be e-mailed to email@example.com by April 30, 2017. Biographies will be reviewed by volunteer editors. Certified ballots will be prepared and mailed to the MCHF & WHC Trustees by June 15, 2017, for voting, with return date of July 15, 2017. A press release announcing the 2017 Inductees will be issued to all MCHF & WHC media outlets by July 30, 2017. If you have questions or need assistance in preparing a nomination(s) you may contact the MCHF & WHC at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (406) 932-5444.